LocationScience Leadership Academy (55 N. 22nd St, Philadelphia PA 19103)
Educators educate educators! Inquiry to Action Groups (ItAGs) are an opportunity for teachers to build community by learning together, developing as activists, and linking social justice issues with classroom practice.
Small groups will meet for six to eight sessions between February and April to share experiences, respond to readings, exchange ideas, and develop plans of action.
Come to the kickoff event to learn more, meet facilitators, and sign up. REGISTER in advance (http://bit.ly/146Vfug) or on Feb 12:
1. Queer Issues in Education
2. Holding Officials Accountable: Creating an Education Report Card
3. Standardized Testing Today: Not Everything that Counts can be Counted
4. Revolutionizing Education with Youth Participatory Action Research (YPAR)
5. Social Justice Unionism: How Can We Make it Happen?
6. Re-Imagining the “Public” in Public Education
7. Hip Hop: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
8. Teaching Ferguson and Beyond
9. Fighting Racism From Within: Inquiring Into Structural Racism in the Caucus of Working Educators